The African Students Association of Zurich (ASAZ) was founded on 2 November 2015. Its primary aim is to represent African students at academic institutions of higher education in Zurich.
ASAZ is a non-profit organisation governed by its Articles and by Articles 60 et seq. of the Swiss Civil Code. It is not commercially, politically and religiously motivated.
ASAZ particularly aims to:
- Welcome new African students and facilitate their entry into the student life in institutions of higher education in Zurich
- Bring together students of African origin, and be a learning environment for those interested in African cultures and issues
- Present Africa from an African perspective
- Organize and facilitate events that promote African scholars and research
- Increase awareness about Africa and African issues at institutions of higher education in Zurich
- Cultivate friendship and solidarity.
ASAZ is composed of three main organs:
- the General Assembly of members that meets annually and is the supreme organ
- the Board that is the executive body that leads and manages the Association under the guidelines of its Articles
- the Control Body that is responsible for auditing the accounts and the reports presented by the Board and present a report to the General Assembly.